13 January 2019
IBA's 6th Asia Pacific Regional Forum Biennial Conference: Unified Asia
27 February – 1 March 2019
Hotel New Otani, Tokyo, Japan
The International Bar Association's Asia Pacific Regional Forum is holding its sixth biennial conference in Tokyo, Japan. The conference is titled
Unified Asia and will be addressing the following topics:
- Shall we arbitrate or mediate, and where?
- Cryptocurrency at the crossroads
- Mergers and acquisitions in unified Asia
- Antitrust in Asia – increased risks, greater convergence?
- Going international – foreign offices and/or international alliances for Asian law firms
- Business and human rights – local and global trends and future of legal practice
- Asia in the crosshairs of a new world trading system
- Collaboration of lawyers/law firms and bar associations in their jurisdiction
- Can litigation keep pace with the rise of machines?
- Internal and external counsel – helping each other drive business forward
- Investing and financing in property and infrastructure projects in the Asia Pacific region, from both an investor’s and target’s perspective
- Deferred prosecution agreements: a game changer for corporates in Asia Pacific and beyond
- Tax havens: is there a case for their continued existence?
The working language of the conference is English, however the IBA will be providing simultaneous translation (English/Japanese) for selected sessions.
The programme (pdf) contains numerous sessions of interest to those in Asia including:
- the rise of international commercial courts in Asia
- whether there will be a convergence of antirust enforcement in Asia
- recent reforms and practices in insolvency/restructuring practice in Asia
You can register for the conference online. Register before 18 January 2019 and receive an
early registration discount.