20 May 2022
[Event] Asia - Europe Law and Business Symposium (26 and 27 May 2022)
ABLI is delighted to support the Asia-Europe Law and Business Symposium jointly organized by the Singapore Academy of Law and the Embassy of France in Singapore, building on its contribution to the France-Singapore Legal Symposium held in early 2020.
This year's Symposium, taking place online between May 26 and 27, features public and private sector leaders as they come together to deepen dialogue and understanding, and share best practices across Asia and Europe for how to begin to converge on areas of law and legal business transformation so as to bring about better business certainty and fresh opportunities for cross-pollination and innovation in the legal sphere.
Leveraging its flagship projects on data and foreign judgments recognition and enforcement, ABLI is presenting two panels on the first day of the Symposium. They are:
Balancing Consent and Other Legal Bases in Personal Data Protection Laws: Pathways to Convergence in Europe and Asia (2:30 to 4pm)
- Dr Clarisse Girot, Honorary Senior Fellow, Asian Business Law Institute
- Associate Professor Pierre-Emmanuel Audit, Paris-Panthéon-Assas University
- Mr David N. Alfred, Director & Co-Head, Data Protection, Privacy & Cybersecurity, Drew & Napier LLC
- Ms Sherry Gong, Partner, Hogan Lovells International LLP
- Mr Amber Sinha, Executive Director, The Centre for Internet and Society, India
Principles for the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Judgements (4:30 to 6pm)
- Ms Sabine d'Angély Lavail, Legal VP TotalEnergies Singapore and Head of Legal Marketing & Services Asia-Pacific Middle East, TotalEnergies
Visit for https://www.sal.org.sg/events/asian-europe-law-and-business-summit more details. Registration is complimentary but on a first come, first served basis. So sign up here today!