14 April 2022
[Publication] "Do you know" series: "Indemnity" and "Liquidated Damages" Clauses in Select Civil Law and Hybrid Jurisdictions in Asia
ABLI is pleased to share a collection of short write-ups on indemnity and liquidated damages clauses in select civil law and hybrid jurisdictions covered in its Contracts Project.
The Contracts Project aims to produce standard contract terms that can be valid in a majority of Asian jurisdictions and where risks are, relatively speaking, allocated in a balanced manner to both sides, so that costs that are unnecessarily incurred in contract negotiation can be saved.
The write-ups are based on responses to a questionnaire on managing contractual risks.
This Collection includes (in alphabetical order by jurisdiction):
- "Indemnity" and "Liquidated Damages" in China (February 2022) by Dennis (Yongquan) Deng (Partner) and Dr Guodong Du (Associate), Anli Partners
- "Indemnity" and "Liquidated Damages" in Indonesia (March 2022) by Fransiscus Rodyanto (Partner) and Fadhira Mediana (Associate), SSEK Legal Consultants
- "Indemnity" and "Liquidated Damages" in Japan (March 2022) by Ng Sook Zhen (Partner) and Tanabe Yasuhiko (Foreign Legal Associate), Dentons Rodyk and Davidson
- "Indemnity" and "Liquidated Damages" in the Philippines (March 2022) by JJ Disini, Managing Partner, Disini Law Office
- "Indemnity" and "Liquidated Damages" in Thailand (April 2022), Ittichai Prasongprasit, Partner of R&T Asia (Thailand) Limited
- "Indemnity" and "Liquidated Damages" in Vietnam (March 2022) by Dang The Duc (Managing Partner), Steven Jacob (Of Counsel) and Ngo Dang Loc (Junior Associate), Indochine Counsel
The collection is available for free download here.
The Contracts Project covers China, Indonesia, Japan, Thailand and Vietnam (civil law jurisdictions), India, Malaysia, Singapore, English law and New York law (common law jurisdictions and governing laws) and the Philippines (hybrid jurisdiction). More information about the Project can be read here.