26 October 2020
[Webinar] Till the Day We Fly Again – Aviation Restructuring Globally and Regionally
The Asian Business Law Institute (ABLI) will be holding a webinar titled Till the Day We Fly Again – Aviation Restructuring Globally and Regionally on Wednesday, 2 December 2020 between 3pm to 4:15pm (Singapore time).
With the global airline industry severely battered by Covid-19, this webinar will take a look at the following issues:
· Issues the airline industry is facing and industry players that have been affected
· Airline industry response — formal restructuring, government bail-out, bankruptcy or closure, furlough and retrenchments
· Deep dive into particular regimes for airline restructuring — with a focus on the US, Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand
· Interplay with other regimes — recognition of multi-jurisdictional restructuring under US Chapter 15, the UNCITRAL Model Law and general common law principles of recognition
· The role of the Cape Town Convention
Speakers for this webinar include Joel Hogarth Managing Director, Eliot & Luther, Singapore; Kris Ingram, Chief Aviation Officer, Eliot & Luther, London; and, John M. Marsden, Partner, Mayer Brown, Hong Kong SAR.
Registration is now open at https://www.eventbrite.sg/e/till-we-fly-again-aviation-restructuring-globally-and-regionally-tickets-125584122491.
Members of the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL) who want to take advantage of their SAL credit dollars should instead sign up at https://www.sal-e.org.sg/webinar-till-the-day-we-fly-again-a-webinar-on-aviation-restructuring-globally-and-regionall.
Refer to the flyer below for more details. Please contact email@example.com for any queries.
We look forward to welcoming you online on 2 December.